Why become a member? ×

Amp suitability and pricing help! Ashdown Mag 300 Evo II

Jellyfish

Hi guys. I've had an offer of a combo amp, the one in the title. This one here http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?section=mag&ID=78.

When it comes to amps, i'm completely lost and this will be my first purchase past a practice amp. I've tried it out, and it sound okay to me, but is there anything I need to be aware of with this particular model, or just in general? I do play a lot of prog and heavier metal and I realise that some amps are catered to that. The Evo II seems to cater to all styles fairly well, but any opinions are welcome. And what sort of price should I be pushing for for a second hand version (that is in fairly good condition)?

I have one of these as my main amp at the moment - I play in a covers pub band in small/medium sized venues and it does the job producing a good sound. Have just ordered an ashdown 1x15 extension cab to give a bit more welly though as feels like i need a bit more headroom at times and when competing with two guitarists who quite honestly play too bloody loudly (a whole new topic!).Under normal circumstances it does the job though for smallish venues. Not sure about price - up to £300 say if in great nick. Hope this helps.