Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

which speaker

HADGE

hi folks iv just bought a ampeg bass cab and the speakers blown the guy i bought it of gave me money for a new speaker iv been offered one but not sure if it will do the job its a 1x15 celestion 250watts but dont say bass on it i was wondering if there is much differents in the speakers and how can i test it without putting it in the cab and trying it as i am frightebed of blowing it hope someone out there can help cheers

Is it an SVT - xx Classic?

Next you need to get the details of the Celestion speaker. Look for either printing on the back of the magnet assembly or a sticker or label on the frame. Look for codes like G, BL, BN, NTR or FTR, then some numbers.

Balcro.

My memory is vague so I'm not sure if all Sidewinders were "bass" speakers. Look at the edge of the cone: is it fabric (cloth) or does the paper cone just extend to the edge? If the edge is cloth then it might be OK. Although unlikely for a 15" speaker, if the edge is paper then don't use it as it will just fall to bits.