Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Gig-able, compact cab options

cameltoe

[quote name='cameltoe' timestamp='1339261449' post='1686081']
The GK 212MBE is an even better price, and hence I just ordered one.

Hopefully it will be what I'm looking for, and give me the sound I want, but if not I plan to take full advantage of Thomann's 30 day money-back offer.

They had a B-stock item for slightly cheaper, but I have heard the QC can be a bit off with these cabs, as you can expect for the price, so went for brand new. The difference in price was negligible anyway.

This should be slightly smaller than the LB cab, but a lot lighter. I really don't think the 14kg Ashdown quote is right, but I'll know soon enough.

The LB cab will now provisionally be for sale!

Thanks every for your advice, and hopefully I won't be back here whinging in 3-5 business days ;)
[/quote]

Good stuff! Did you get round to weighing your LB212 - I'd be interested to know what you find...

Not yet, but I will this week.

I won't now have the GK cab for a while as it's seems Thomann are actually out of stock, even though they said they had some. Expected date is 18/7!

Not all bad though, as I'm hoping it's because this will be the new batch of US- built MBE cabs.

[quote name='cameltoe' timestamp='1339515333' post='1689661']

Not all bad though, as I'm hoping it's because this will be the new batch of US- built MBE cabs.
[/quote]

Now wouldn't that be nice.... :) and don't forget to weigh that LB if you get a chance, I'd love to know...