Why become a member? ×

Stingray Copy Refurb

Astrosmurf

Hi Guys N Gals

Ive just picked up a Shine Stingray copy for £60 in pretty damn near mint condition baring the odd small ding.

Ive got it mainly as a project as i want to do a colour change and maybe pickup. Before i start pulling it apart i have a couple of questions.

1 - Whats the best type of paint to use?? Im fairly ok with getting it painted as my dad sprayed cars for 40 years so its going to take care of the application.
2 - Where can i get custom pickguards made?? Im thinking of if i paint the body black going for a Black/Gold/Black 3 ply.

Im sure there will be more and ill post pics up when i pick it up next week

Thanks Muchos

• 4 weeks later...

Reet, back off honeymoon and gonna get started on this now.

Been looking at colours and going to go for an off white so its already got that aged kinda look. Found this pic and fell in lust.....

Does anyone know if they make a pickguard that shape etc for a 4 string and if so where id be able to get one? Or where i can get one made....?

[IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/Gucci16v/SR5White.jpg[/IMG]

As money becomes available im going to swap the pup for an EMG MMTW, but going to get the router out and cut the battery box in now whilst its in pieces....

Will get some pics up later