Why become a member? ×

Joyo Ultimate Drive (OCD clone) *** SOLD ***

mcnach

Ciao topo!

It's quite different actually.
For very very low gain, the Joyo has a very nice tone. I like how the tone control works, so you can make it sound rounder or grittier if you cut treble or make it treblier.
The BB covers the low gain area better, in that the range of gain that's still "low" is larger, and the 2-band EQ helps you getting the right sound better.
The higher gain department I think it's covered better by the Joyo. The BB does a thicker sound, very mids rich, the Joyo has less mids and is a bit less "in your face". I control how "aggressive" I want it to sound with the tone control. Turn it down, and it sounds warmer and fatter, turn it it and it sounds grittier.
It has a high/low switch which seems to work like a kind of treble boost. I generally prefer the low setting.
The other thing about the Joyo is that it sounds really nice on guitar, for bluesy/rocky tones. My strat loves it. :)

I'm definitely keeping one. I just don't need two of these.

I'm incidentally selling the BB as well. I just put the (other) Joyo in my board together with the OKKO Basstard :) and it covers a good range of dirt meaning that I could let the BB go. I would still keep it as I think it's a great pedal, but I want to get one of those Soundblox-2 Bass Multiwave Distortion boxes for funky bass goodness, so something else will have to go.