Why become a member? ×

Black 4 String Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass **No Longer available**

bassfunk

Hi Guys

I'm selling my Mexican Fender Deluxe Jazz. It's a great looking and sounding bass,with an active EQ and a Badass II bridge.

I love this bass but I need the cash to fund either a Warmoth Build, Custom build or Sandberg, I still haven't decided which one yet :)

It's been gigged and has the usual scuffs and scratches, and a bit of buckle rash on the back for added mojo! I've tried to show the worst of these in the pics below. But the scratches aren't visible in most lights, and the buckle rash is on the back so you hardly ever see it!

It will come with a Fender soft case, Fender strap and dunlop straplocks.

I'm looking for offers around [s][size=5]£400[/size][/s] [color=#FF0000][size=5][b]NOW £350 shipped![/b][/size][/color], these sell for £670 new and don't come with the badass, straplocks or mojo :)

Will trade for Sandberg cali PM or JM but I'm a bit fussy about colours!

I'm near to Manchester city centre, collection is preffered but I have a box I can ship this in.

Here are some Fender specs:

[b] Deluxe Active Jazz Bass Features:[/b][list]
[*][b]Body[/b]: Alder
[*][b]Neck[/b]: Maple, Modern “C” Shape,(Satin Polyurethane Finish)
[*][b]Fingerboard[/b]: Rosewood, 9.5” Radius (241mm)
[*][b]No. of Frets[/b]: 20 Medium Jumbo Frets
[*][b]Pickups[/b]: 2 Dual-Coil Ceramic Noiseless™ Jazz Bass Pickups with Nickel Plated Pole Pieces
[*]Controls
[list]
[*]Master Volume,
[*]Pan Pot,
[/list][*]3-Band Active EQ with
[list]
[*][b]Treble Boost/Cut[/b]: +/- 10 db @ 8kHz, a shift in the cut frequency, and about a 2dB slope per octave.
[*][b]Mid Boost/Cut[/b]: +10dB, -15dB @ 500Hz, and a wide band slope.
[*][b]Bass Boost/Cut[/b]: +/- 12 db @ 40 Hz, with a 4dB slope per octave.
[/list][*][b]Pickup Switching[/b]: Pan Pot
[*][b]Bridge[/b]: Standard Vintage Style
[*][b]Machine Heads[/b]: Standard
[*][b]Hardware[/b]: Chrome
[*][b]Pickguard[/b]: 4-Ply Brown Shell
[*][b]Scale Length[/b]: 34” (864 mm)
[*][b]Width at Nut[/b]: 1.50” (38mm)
[/list]

Edited by bassfunk

[quote name='RnRDave' timestamp='1340700813' post='1708166']
I'm the same.
[/quote]

cheers guys, things are slow at the moment but I'm not in a rush. I've raised enough cash for a new sandberg but I'm biding my time waiting for 'the' one.

[quote name='bassfunk' timestamp='1340702278' post='1708186']
cheers guys, things are slow at the moment but I'm not in a rush. I've raised enough cash for a new sandberg but I'm biding my time waiting for 'the' one.
[/quote]

Mine's still about :D.. Would save you a small fortune on a new one!!

Hope you don't mind me asking, but where did you get this from? It's just I had this exact same bass (first owner), which I added a Badass and Dunlop strap-locks (and some buckle-rash!) to, but I traded it on Basschat just over a year ago! It'd be cool if it was the same one! I might have to buy it back then too, because I miss it! :P

Edited by Ben Jamin

[quote name='bassfunk' timestamp='1341139062' post='1714140']
Hey, sorry I was at a gig last night so I missed this. Just checked the serial and it's the same one! Let me know if you want it back :-)
[/quote]

Small world! This is the first bass I ever bought - it'd be great to have it back! I'll see if I can get some funds together ;)
Any trades? Haven't got a Sandberg I'm afraid.

Edited by Ben Jamin

[quote name='Ben Jamin' timestamp='1341157786' post='1714453']
Small world! This is the first bass I ever bought - it'd be great to have it back! I'll see if I can get some funds together ;)
Any trades? Haven't got a Sandberg I'm afraid.
[/quote]

Small Bass world! If you can get the funds it's yours. I'm afraid I've got my mind set on a sandberg so unless you've got one cash is king!