Why become a member? ×

Is it just me... or.......

deefer_dog

[quote name='Blademan_98' timestamp='1345828608' post='1782194']
That's 144 Euro with shipping to the UK.

I am very tempted.

Don't know why as I have two Jazz basses already, but it's just so 'pretty' :)

I love the ashtrays.

Edit: My misses just said, well are you going to order one?

I'll let you know :)
[/quote]

Haha, cool! Hopefully you get a decent one like mine. I emailed them beforehand, and they said if I wasn't happy I could return. Which, I thought was fair! ( Minus €8 for shipping )

Looking forward to gigging this sometime.

Next on the list..... Hmmm,, something with a P config!

• 2 weeks later...

Did you go for it?? I have yet to play through my own cab ( Used a fender rumble in rehearsals ) and the E was a but low. The rest of the strings boomed, and really has a nice tone! I'll be removing the neck PUP cover as it gets in my way, and maybe raise the pups a bit to rule out the low E string volume issue. Very playable and the tone was perfect! Bridge about 50%, Neck 100% tone rolled towards the treble side. Very happy!

• 5 weeks later...

Having FINALLY played this through my own cab, the ONE criticism I have is that the E string needs more oomph. The pickups are slightly lower over the E and need to take the guard off to rectify. Boosting the low end on the DP150 fixed it for rehearsals, but I'll need to adjust pickup height. VERY boomy mids, and nice highs. I'd buy another sometime for a complete custom paint job, and I have a great idea ;)
@rallyeluke Have you taken delivery yet?

Edited by deefer_dog

• 1 year later...

I got my hands on one of these too but in a slightly darker finish and with a black scratchplate.I have to say for the money I love it. I could not find much fault with it although the frets were a little sharp at the edges, but nothing a little bit of filing could fix. I am thinking of going for one of the kits also, and they seem to have a great range. I noticed that they seem to have a sister site [url="http://www.guitar-warehouse.co.uk"]http://www.guitar-warehouse.co.uk[/url] - it must be the same company as the products they stock seem identical, but the pricing structure seems different - seems like they have slightly higher prices but have free shipping. If this is the case it may work out cheaper to order off that site, but I am just wondering if anyone knows for sure it is the same company? I emailed the .ie site and am still waiting for an answer. just want to be sure before I place an order. Again they have a nice range of Bass kits - see here [url="http://www.guitar-warehouse.co.uk/bass-guitar-kits-38-c.asp"]http://www.guitar-warehouse.co.uk/bass-guitar-kits-38-c.asp[/url] - I'm thinking of the regular 6 string fretted bass kit which comes in at 169.99 euro delivered which seems like a very good price. Has anyone bought this kit before and have any opinions? It looks fairly good from the picture, although I'm not sure what the electronics are like, but I thought the quality of the electronics and hardware in the SJB-800 bought on the other site were excellent for the money, so if that is anything to go by, it looks like a very good price. Any opinions or if anyone knows of any reviews of the kit, I would be grateful. Cheers, Rob