Why become a member? ×

Aria Steve Bailey 6 String Fretless Bass - sold pending.

Soliloquy

I bought this a few years ago.

It's a great bass, but it it's spent most of its life with me hanging on the wall.

It's in pretty much perfect shape, my idea of perfect is a little different to some peoples, when I say perfect I don't then go on to list various bumps and dents, this is about as nice as you'll get.

I did change the rather ugly original mock tortoiseshell scratchplate that came with it to a rather nice black pearloid one.

From what I've read, Steve Bailey played a stock one of these. He didn't play one that had been souped up in any way, his had the same Seymour Duncan pickups and preamp, same neck etc.

As you can see, it features an unlined 24 fret real ebony board. The ebony is quite a slab too, this probably explains the exquisite deep tone that you get from it.

The action is quite low, plenty of mwaaaah going on !

The bass is currently strung with medium gauge DR Sunbeams.

[s]I don't have a case for it, so I would prefer anyone interested in buying it to do so in person, or I could meet. It does come with a reasonable quality gig bag.[/s]

I do now have a case, so shipping is possible, though I would prefer collection or to meet somewhere.

For sale for £375 or trades welcome for a Fender Jazz bass.

[b]I don't get emails notifying me of PM's (don't know why), so please text me on 07599 356864 if you're interested.[/b]

Edited by Soliloquy

[quote name='Elia' timestamp='1337449923' post='1660315']
Hi! I' m Elia and I'm Italian. I Would like to buy your Aria bass, please may you send me some detailed pictures and audio-video sample. I pay the expenses of the delivery (express courier).
My e-mail:
[email protected]
Thanks!
[/quote]

Sorry, UK sale or trade only. I did mention in my advert that I don't have a case for it, only a gig bag.

I'm really interested to buy this bass.
I have thinked two solutions:
1. You could buy the case for the transport, and I could pay you the add cost
2. I have a friend that live in London and him could take the instrument in a meet with you.
Which one do you prefer?
If you are agree, I prefer the first solution

To answer the question that a few people have asked. The bass has side position dots, where the frets would be on frets 3,5 7, 9 etc.
I have also put little dots using Tipex, where the other frets would be. This is water based and can be wiped off if needed.

Trades welcome for the following, Fender Jazz basses in Sunburst with either a maple or rosewood board, maple would be really cool though. Also Fender Precision basses, again in Sunburst.

I do have a very appealing trade offer, but lets see what else I get offered..

I remember the original review for these basses when the came out in Bassist mag... Very nice indeed... I started out on a fretless and hankered after it for some time! Have a free nostalgia bump :)

[quote name='Cjd191' timestamp='1338237198' post='1671454']
Hi there, very interested in this bass :D Just wondered where abouts in the country the bass would need to be collected from?

Cheers
[/quote]

Hi, I live just outside Birmingham, I'm also in London quite often. I can also deliver or meet somewhere convenient.

• 4 weeks later...