Why become a member? ×

Warwickhunt's DAKOTA gig tonight

warwickhunt

Great gig, John, and nice to meet you in person. That's one damn fine sounding rig you have there and it's nice to see and hear a Bolin out and about in the NE (there can't be that many!)

Me & my mates enjoyed ourselves, you played a good spread of material (I'd love to get a Terrorvision song into my bands set too!) and you all looked like you were enjoying yourselves. I liked your drummers gizmo too, it added some really authentic percussion sounds to the songs he used it on.

Catch you again sometime,
Steve.

[quote name='stevebasshead' post='182082' date='Apr 21 2008, 06:40 PM']Great gig, John, and nice to meet you in person. That's one damn fine sounding rig you have there and it's nice to see and hear a Bolin out and about in the NE (there can't be that many!)

Me & my mates enjoyed ourselves, you played a good spread of material (I'd love to get a Terrorvision song into my bands set too!) and you all looked like you were enjoying yourselves. I liked your drummers gizmo too, it added some really authentic percussion sounds to the songs he used it on.

Catch you again sometime,
Steve.[/quote]

Well thank you for the kind words Steve... pint on the bar next time I see you ;)

It's always nice to put a name to a face (even if I insisted on calling you Kev :) ) and invaluable to have a knowledgeable bassists view on your tone in the band mix, as it often sounds so different from a sound-check when punters are in and the band starts pumping.

Drummer's Gizmo - considering we've played together for 15+ years and he's been playing for 30 years it's always a pleasure to work with him and he's not frightened to use technology! His sampler wotsit is a nice bit of kit and is much better than the obligatory cow-bell but after the 20th huge gong sound at the end of every number you feel like sticking it up his ars* :huh: Though he was more restrained on Saturday night. It's tricky getting the Newton Faulkner sample to work right as it relies on the whole band hearing it through the FOH as the singer has in-ear monitoring but it keeps us on our toes.

I'll be checking out your band Diablo sometime soon and seeing how a Ricky sits in the mix!

Speak soon

John