Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** : MIM Fender Jazz - £250 shipped

TheButler

Hello folks,

Okay, so I am pretty broke but that doesn't stop me from wanting another P-Bass. I'm currently still loving my '78 P, but I'm hankering for something considerably cheaper and lighter for pub gigs 'n stuff.

I've only got my Mexican Jazz Bass in [b]ICE BLUE (?) NOT LAKE PLACID BLUE[/b] [b](?)[/b] [s]to trade on. I don't have any money, and would rather not sell because I know i'd use the funds on something boring like food. [b]So, strictly trade. [/b][/s]Amp GAS... so, sell it must.

The bass has hardly been used (bought by PO in 2010), but this doesn't stop it from having a couple of dings thanks to the previous owner. Don't have the bass in front of me at the moment, but I recall a couple of small dings on the body, a HOLE were the fanny that owned it last decided to relocate the strap lock to, and a small ding in the neck. I have virtually new Thomastik Infeld Flats on it. It plays really nicely, and sounds... like a jazz bass with flats?

Will fire some pics up tonight.

Cheers
Jamie.

Edited by Hamster

As promised, some pictures. They all detail, despite being from my mobile phone, the few cosmtics things.
[attachment=107829:IMAG0388.jpg]
The only thing I couldn't capture were few little dents in the neck. Not got a clue how they got there, they don't affect playing, but they are noticeable under hand. Not sure this pic will detail anything:

[attachment=107824:IMAG0404.jpg]

The ding on the bottom edge, some cracked lacquer and through the paint a little:

[attachment=107822:IMAG0403.jpg]

This picture shows the IQ of the previosu owner. I mean... what was he thinking!?

[attachment=107825:IMAG0402.jpg]

Ding on the horn:

[attachment=107826:IMAG0401.jpg]

The only ding on the neck that is noticeable, again it is very slight.

[attachment=107827:IMAG0400.jpg]

You'll notice despite the last guy having bought this a couple of years ago, this is an 03/04 model year bass.

[attachment=107828:IMAG0392.jpg]

And there we have it. I'd suggest the bass should be properly set-up. It sounds and plays great to me, but I just chucked the Thomastik flats on without adjusting anything else.

If we can't meet up I will ship anywhere in the UK in an old hardcase. You can ship the case back to me... with your bass in it? Cool.

Jamie.

I've had some interest, and as such it is worthwhile that I extend the offer of overseas shipping to everyone else. I can get good prices with TNT, UPS or FedEx through my work - roughly 50% less than the retail price. I can include compensation in the price too. So, this will be tracked, signed for and insured. This applies for the UK too - UPS next day with compensation, in an old wooden hardcase (maybe worth £20 alone!) for £250.

Oh, and you can collect it from me too! :D