Why become a member? ×

Acoustic Image Clarus 1r head, series II NOW SOLD

Extremely clean and flat voiced head, 200 watts into 4 ohms or 300 watts into 2 ohms. Compact and lightweight at 5.5lbs. These are intended as general purpose instrument amplifiers, they are an excellent choice for double bass but also worth a look for bass guitar use. They are also popular with jazz guitarists.
The Clarus features a high impedance input (10M ohms) and switchable highpass/notch filter which are very useful when amplifying double bass. Unlike most amplifiers, no separate pre-amp is necessary for piezo pickups. The HPF is also very effective for controlling the sub-bass frequencies when using small speaker cabs, to maximise the volume available without speaker over-excursion. When used with electric bass, the Clarus sounds similar to a clean DI signal - the amp is much flatter than the inbuilt "voicing" of most other amps. This makes it a good choice with an active bass, but to be quite honest, I like something a little more coloured with a passive bass. This is the 1r model with a high quality digital reverb built in.
The amp is in decent condition as can be seen in the pictures. It has been stored and transported in its own padded bag, which is included. The only cosmetic flaws are some very minor dings (seen in the photograph) and a couple of small screws missing from the casing. The bag has approx. 3 inches of torn seam on one side. The original manual and a spare fuse are in the bag pocket. I have had the amp several years, and I think this model dates from around 2003.
Going by other recent prices, I think [b]£320[/b] should be an attractive price for this. Can be tried and collected in Edinburgh or I'm happy to post within the UK at cost - PM me and I'll get a quote.
[attachment=107071:clarus 014.JPG][attachment=107072:clarus 016.JPG][attachment=107073:clarus 019.JPG]

[b]NOW SOLD[/b]

Edited by Beer of the Bass