Why become a member? ×

nitrocellulose candy cola

i was suppose to spray Candy Cola red on a bass but i dont have an air compressor or spray gun i have worked with the spray cans but i need a prefect finish

also

White + sliver base+ trans red = candy apple red

so a gold base coat should make it a darker red like candy cola?

any help would be great

I'm not sure you can do a candy finish with spray cans. The problem is (IIRC) the propellant used in the clearcoat dissolves the paint used in the colour underneath, so instead of painting "over" the colour coat, the colour and the clear become mixed in. This process pretty much buggers up any attempt at a candy finish. That's what I've heard anyway, from someone who knew what they were doing.

If you need a perfect finish & confident in using the gear, hire it. Though if you're good at spraying, you can get the same finish with cans (I used to be a signwriter to trade).

EH fetches up a valid issue, but if you leave the coats to fully dry & keep to the same kind of paint (as in not doing one coat cely & the next colour something else), then you shouldn't have a problem. Test on something before doing the bass.