Why become a member? ×

GONEGONEGONE! Epiphone Thunderbird Pro V TB 5 string - FURTHER PRICE DROP!

dc2009

[size=6][b]NO LONGER FOR SALE, TRADED THIS BASS FOR A LAKLAND TODAY! :)[/b][/size]

Alright guys, up for sale is my Epiphone Thunderbird Pro-V in Trans-Black.

I've had the both the regular and pro four string thunderbirds, and I traded my 4 string pro for this 5 string version around a year or so ago. I have the bass for the one band mainly, but we don't actually gig all that much and when we do the low B doesn't see much love, so I'm heading back to a 4 string TB (and a white one too).

The neck is slightly wide for a 5 string, but quite flat in profile and is a 7 piece walnut and maple affair. The bass has an upgraded bridge, pickups and electronics (2 band active eq with volume and blend), as well as neck through construction. As it is a very new model the strap button is in the heel of the neck and this counteracts the neck dive that used to plague old TBs! Literally the only thing this has in common with a regular thunderbird is the shape, in the Pro-series, every aspect of the bass is upgraded! The pickups are completely different to the stock thunderbird ones and handle the lows very well.

This bass is in good nick, there have been a couple of dings on the top of the headstock but nothing visible from the front, there's a link to photos int he post immediately below this one. The bass is definitely a headturner, most bass players at gigs tell me they've never so much as seen a 5 string thunderbird before.

Honestly I can't remember what I paid for it (have tried to look on Paypal but no joy), but I'm gonna put this up at [size=4][s][b]£300ono[/b][/s][b] [s]£275[/s][/b][/size] [size=5][b]£250 [/b][size=4]+ postage[/size][/size]. I've splashed out £50 on a deluxe gigbag for this recently that I am planning to hang onto for the TB I'll be buying after this (it fits the singlecut too), but a deal can be possibly worked out.

Pics up below,
Cheers,
Dan

Edited by dc2009

Right guys here are the photos. There are a lot of reflections because the light isn't great today, but hopefully they show how sexy this bass is, and also the good condition it's in. As you can see there is a slight ding on the top of the back of the headstock, but it's actually just a very shallow scrape on the lacquer, and isn't down to the wood.

There is next to no buckle rash on the back (I'm good at taking my belt off to play) so it's pretty much on the money condition wise.

As you can see from the finish, it is trans black in that you can see the wood grain and neck-thru woods faintly in good light, on stage this thing looks near enough black to be honest.

Here's the main shot of the body, the rest are available here: [url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/67679611@N03/archives/date-posted/2012/05/03/"]http://www.flickr.co...ted/2012/05/03/[/url]

Edited by dc2009

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='dc2009' timestamp='1338032034' post='1668841']
Need to sell this so I can afford my new white one.
[/quote]

If I hadn't already put my deposit down for my white one with USA pickups, I'd so have this. Have a bump from me :)

[quote name='TomWIC' timestamp='1338040145' post='1668907']
If I hadn't already put my deposit down for my white one with USA pickups, I'd so have this. Have a bump from me :)
[/quote]

Thanks mate, yours sounds dreamy.

Need to move this on guys, probably shouldn't buy my white one on my credit card!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...