Why become a member? ×

Foot pedal or switch for rackmount TC Electronics M300

BH12neil

Hi,

I have just bought a second hand TC Electronics M300 and want to control it independently with a pedal or switch to make things easier in a live situation. What I want to achieve is to be able to engage and bypass the unit as well as toggle between the effects and functions wherever possible.

The instruction manual seems to suggest that the options are either MIDI or 1/4 jack approaches, I am new to this and don't really understand but wouldn't a MIDI pedal offer more flexibility, albeit with a more expensive price tag attached. I have been looking at the MIDI Mouse but don't know whether that would work or even whether its any good. Seems expensive, more money in fact than I paid for the M300 itself! I don't want to spend a fortune but want something that's simple to use and is going to do the job reliably.

Options, suggestions, recommendations and general advice would be really appreciated as to how I go about this, especially from those who have experience of the M300.

Cheers

BH12neil

Edited by BH12neil