Why become a member? ×

FOR SALE...Gibson Les Paul Standard Electric Bass, Limited Edition

Jimmy84

Hi, I'm putting my Gibson Les Paul Bass up for sale and was advised to try here first. The Bass is good as new and has been gigged once. Bought in 2010 from Dawsons with a 2005 serial number. The guy in there told me that it has a 05 serial number but in 2010 they made six more with the parts they had left over and they bought the lot. {Hence the older year when the serial number is researched}.
It is vintage sunburst and a great bass but swapped bands and went on guitar so it is redundant in the back room. It also has a Gibson Les Paul hard carry case included in the sale price.
Im asking for £900 but as the link below states they are £1,449 full price and only two available but not in vintage sunburst.

[url="http://www.dawsons.co.uk/gibson-les-paul-standard-bass-heritage-cherry-sunburst?gclid=CKKr8P2ezq8CFZARfAodrF3y_g"]http://www.dawsons.c...CFZARfAodrF3y_g[/url]

[b] Gibson Limited Edition Les Paul Standard Bass Features[/b]

- Mahogany chambered body with maple top
- Cream binding for a classic and elegant look
- Mahogany neck with a rosewood fingerboard
- Two T-Bird pickups for a growling bass tone
- Vintage amber Top Hat volume and tone knobs
- Grover bass tuning keys
- Bass TOM bridge and Stop Bar tailpiece
The Gibson Les Paul Standard Bass is back! This classic returns with a bang and gives bassists a chance to experience what guitarists have enjoyed for decades. The oversized Les Paul mahogany body has been chambered and features a maple top and cream binding. Two T-Bird bass pickups pump out a powerfully warm tone with great clarity. Other features include a mahogany neck, rosewood fingerboard, bass TOM bridge and Stop Bar tailpiece, and Grover tuning keys.

Pictures attached...

Anyone is welcome to view and try it out. I live Manchester City centre. You can contact me on [email protected]

Cheers

Jimmy

[quote name='bigsmokebass' timestamp='1336079877' post='1640730']
Limited edition? 0_o
[/quote]
Yea i agree it's not limited but the sunburst has been discontinued. God knows why cos it looks awesome!!

Yes it's not a limited edition, i had the same... it's the old model of Gibson Les Paul Standard Bass, wich [color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]exists in three [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]different finishes[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]:[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]Vintage Sunburst[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4],[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]Cherry Burst and Honey Burst.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]Those models [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]no longer exist and [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]were [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]replaced by [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]a new version which [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]also comes in [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]three [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]different [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]finishes[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]: [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]Cherry[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]Burst[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4], [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]Black[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4], [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]and [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]Gold[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4].[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]Also, [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]We can [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]distinguish between [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]those different [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]models [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]because the old [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]and the new [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]model [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]has [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]a [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]different [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]bridge[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4], and the body is also different, smaller or taller i don't know[/size][/font][/color]

Edited by Fianso

[quote name='jwlkr' timestamp='1336122396' post='1641116']

Yea i agree it's not limited but the sunburst has been discontinued. God knows why cos it looks awesome!!
[/quote]

Perhaps cheaper to finish it in solid/semi-transparent finishes than burstes but nothing to say they won't bring them back in some sort of "Ltd Ed" form.

I have this bass myself ( i call it the "Slash" bass ;) )and is truly incredible concerning it's so underrated and barely known about in the bass world.
The sustain lasts forever and versatile a lot like the 6 string line BUT as far as I know, this finish or any LP haven't been a limited edition unless can be confirmed by a certificate normally supplied with the instrument.

http://los-angeles-guitar-shop.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/2010GibsonES335028.jpg

Not to take the shine off this bass or sale, they have always been "Standard Les Paul Bass" but if you can prove otherwise, expect more than £900! :D

All the best with your sale,

BSB

[quote name='bigsmokebass' timestamp='1336253298' post='1643253']
Perhaps cheaper to finish it in solid/semi-transparent finishes than burstes but nothing to say they won't bring them back in some sort of "Ltd Ed" form.

I have this bass myself ( i call it the "Slash" bass ;) )and is truly incredible concerning it's so underrated and barely known about in the bass world.
The sustain lasts forever and versatile a lot like the 6 string line BUT as far as I know, this finish or any LP haven't been a limited edition unless can be confirmed by a certificate normally supplied with the instrument.

[url="http://los-angeles-guitar-shop.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/2010GibsonES335028.jpg"]http://los-angeles-g...sonES335028.jpg[/url]

Not to take the shine off this bass or sale, they have always been "Standard Les Paul Bass" but if you can prove otherwise, expect more than £900! :D

All the best with your sale,

BSB
[/quote]

urgh you sell it so much. i love the look of these basses but iv just bought a gibson sg suprime "limited edition" from this site so am skint now. i was looking for one of these and one this colour did slip though my fingers on ebay.
oh well im happy with what iv got its a fantasticc bass and i kinda prefer the short scale of the neck. next up a 60s eb0

[quote name='jwlkr' timestamp='1336495599' post='1646450']
urgh you sell it so much. i love the look of these basses but iv just bought a gibson sg suprime "limited edition" from this site so am skint now. i was looking for one of these and one this colour did slip though my fingers on ebay.
oh well im happy with what iv got its a fantasticc bass and i kinda prefer the short scale of the neck. next up a 60s eb0
[/quote]

*droooooooooooools*
swap you for a kidney? ;)