Why become a member? ×

Jazz body from guitarbuild.co.uk?

zero9

Has anyone had any experience with [url="http://www.guitarbuild.co.uk"]www.guitarbuild.co.uk[/url] at all?

I'm looking to put together a Jazz and their bodies look very reasonably priced.

Thanks
Wil

Edited by zero9

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

just as well...very poor fit! The outlines look ok, neck pockets on all their bodies are too tight and too shallow. The strat bodies are awful, not enough room for the trem to operate properly, misaligned neck to bridge, square edged lower horn, the list is endless. I guess he's not got original drawings. Shame really as the timber is good.

I've used one of their '51 P Bass bodies, worked perfectly with a Mex Mike Dirnt neck. Vintage string ferrules
fit great. Bridge alignment is also spot on.
The body is two piece Swamp Ash, lovely grain, lightweight and resonant.

I'm not affiliated with the company in any way, just a satisfied customer.

Gary

I know a friend of the guy and he's definitely doing good business. I dont think he plays himself though. Any fendery stuff is always gonna be hit and miss as even with 'standard' neck pocket sizes etc, throwing random necks at bodies in the hope they will all fit together perfectly is not always going to work. I would be very surprised if he doesnt use well researched sizes and templates.

Edited by lettsguitars

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='freddie' timestamp='1368367987' post='2076137']
just as well...very poor fit! The outlines look ok, neck pockets on all their bodies are too tight and too shallow. The strat bodies are awful, not enough room for the trem to operate properly, misaligned neck to bridge, square edged lower horn, the list is endless. I guess he's not got original drawings. Shame really as the timber is good.
[/quote]

Hmm.. You need a Dremel. :P