Why become a member? ×

well that's me not playing bass for a few days

ahpook

[quote name='ahpook' post='178164' date='Apr 16 2008, 06:38 PM']this is great...

the guitarist on one of the bands is now spitting the dummy somewhat that i may not be able to make practise on sunday...

i just can't believe it. a doctor's told me not to play until it's healed, and he expects me to risk tearing my finger open.[/quote]

It's ok for guitarists, they don't play with MAN STRINGS :huh: Tell him you'll practice if he plays with 12's :)...... Typical.

[quote name='ahpook' post='178164' date='Apr 16 2008, 06:38 PM']this is great...

the guitarist on one of the bands is now spitting the dummy somewhat that i may not be able to make practise on sunday...

i just can't believe it. a doctor's told me not to play until it's healed, and he expects me to risk tearing my finger open.[/quote]

Could be worse, at least he knows you're there. One of the bands I used to play in, the guitarist was in such a world of his own I could've played a completely different song, let alone actually be there, and he'd not have noticed. Luckily (and despite the jokes) most of the guitarists I know and have played with have been pretty tuned in to what everyone else is doing.

Doesn't excuse him from being such a prick in this instance though. Ask him to rip his own finger open if it's not such a problem... :) :huh: