Why become a member? ×

Lakland Darryl Jones 5 (DJ5) with John East Retro preamp - SOLD!

lowregisterhead

For sale is my Lakland DJ5 in black sparkle with a rosewood fingerboard and a brand new John East Retro preamp fitted. It's a 2004 Korean made example (superior to the later Indonesian ones IMHO, I've owned both) and although it's in good condition, there is the odd ding and scratch here and there, so it's not pristine, which I've tried to show in the photographs. I'm making it sound a lot worse than it actually is, but better that than being sorely disappointed if your expectations are raised unrealistically - been there, not a nice feeling!

I bought it from a fellow Basschatter not that long ago, and I'm hesitant about selling because they're such great basses, as well as being hard to come by, but I have a new purchase on the way, and I have to be seen to be operating a strict 'one in, one out' policy - the missus is keeping count! Truth be told, I've got another DJ5 with a maple board that I'm keeping hold of, so I can't really complain. They're great sounding basses passive, but the John East really brings it to life. If active isn't your cup of tea, I can knock a bit off and keep the preamp, as I'm including the original control plate in the sale, as well as a good quality gig bag.

The price is £900 including shipping within the UK.

Dave

Blimey, that was quick - sold pending the usual!

Edited by lowregisterhead