Why become a member? ×

The Wiz

Houtoe

Hi guys, assume this is the right forum for this
I have been asked to play bass for The Wiz as a school production and have of course said yes!
but i was wondering if anyone had a set of tabs / charts / notation for this from doing it themselves?

Would quite like the extra time to learn the pieces as the school will not be hiring the scores until just before the performances!

Cheers in advance for any input!
Cheers
Chris

I've depped on a production at the West Yorkshire Playhouse who were using their own parts. It's a great piece and Anthony Jackson sounds outragous on the original recording.

I would spend the time listening to the original cast recording and doing some general sight reading practice. Of course if someone has a copy of the same edition the fine, but if it's not the same then it will only have limited value.

Good luck and enjoy it!

Edited by geoffbassist

I did this show many years ago but I don't have the charts anymore. From memory tho it's not that much of a roast. Anthony Jackson's playing on the movie soundtrack is a wonderfully embellished performance but the charts aren't as decorative by any means. Good luck (and if you get a copy let me know ;) )

Edit - here's a bit of it: http://www.onlinesheetmusic.com/ease-on-down-the-road-p258300.aspx

Edited by Gareth Hughes

wow some quick replys!
its
The Wiz.
which is Different to The Wizard of Oz just to clarify! :)
its more to do with me not being convinced by 5 strings and looking to move to 4! but if for the sake of playing its gonna be easier on a 5 then I will keep it until after the show :)!