Why become a member? ×

Where can I try/buy Sandberg in the UK?

ashevans09

Mostly just crappy customer service. Here ya go:

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/175787-lack-of-customer-service-in-uk-stores/page__p__1644975#entry1644975

[quote name='TRBboy' timestamp='1337424141' post='1659662']
Oh really, i must have missed that! Can you link me to a thread? Might save me some hassle.....

The Basic should sell because it's a great bass, but I might have a problem if it hasn't sold in time to pay the balance!

I've been talking to Session Music, and they've been really helpful.
[/quote]

I was looking at some Sandbergs on Thomann, and I came across this little gem!
http://www.thomann.de/gb/sandberg_custom_stripe_bass_fl.htm

How much are kidneys these days?

It's insane that more people don't stock them here in the UK. After all look at the positives; Very well made, light, excellent sound, excellent feel, and above all, very reasonably priced! I actually can't think of a negative.

Dan

[quote name='pietruszka' timestamp='1337512573' post='1661083']
I was looking at some Sandbergs on Thomann, and I came across this little gem!
[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/sandberg_custom_stripe_bass_fl.htm"]http://www.thomann.d...ipe_bass_fl.htm[/url]

How much are kidneys these days?

It's insane that more people don't stock them here in the UK. After all look at the positives; Very well made, light, excellent sound, excellent feel, and above all, very reasonably priced! I actually can't think of a negative.
[/quote]

That's gorgeous! And same here, great basses. No negatives :)

I got to record through mine this weekend - both channels of my Mesa 400+ with a Sansamp GT2 between the bass and the high gain channel, into an Ampeg 810 with a room mic, close mic and DI and it sounded absolutely phenomenal. I've never been this happy with my bass tone. I was only playing simple lines - the songs needed simplicity - and it just dominated. Even pre mixing it sounded great :) . I'll post some sound samples when I get them :)

[quote name='ashevans09' timestamp='1337611281' post='1662720']
That's gorgeous! And same here, great basses. No negatives :)

I got to record through mine last weekend - both channels of my Mesa 400+ with a Sansamp GT2 between the bass and the high gain channel, into an Ampeg 810 with a room mic, close mic and DI and it sounded absolutely phenomenal. I've never been this happy with my bass tone. I was only playing simple lines - the songs needed simplicity - and it just dominated. Even pre mixing it sounded great :) . I'll post some sound samples when I get them :)
[/quote]

Yep! Last weekend I recorded mine to for my band's EP, I'll post a link as soon as I get it to.

Dan

Recently got a used Sandberg basic and I absolutly rate this bass!

First bass I've had with a zero fret, and there is a distinct difference in open notes compared to normal non zero fret neck.
The finish is immaculate, no fualts.
I would compare the quality to Musicman basses, without a doubt, and it sounds killer. I don't think anyone would know in a blind test that it wasn't a thurough bred Stingray.

My only real issues are with the pickguard not being cut very close to the pickup leaving a small gap, but still a cracking bass.

It reminds me of everything I love about a Warwick double $$ corvette I had and a Stingray I had, super pleased. The used price was ridiulous for this bass aswell.