Why become a member? ×

Bass Collection Jive jazz bass .... SOLD

hamfist

Hardly used Bass Colleciton Jive jazz bass, in Islington blue.

About 4 months old. As many of you may know, I have been rotating a lot of gear to completely refresh my rig in recent months. I thought I had found "the one" in this Jazz, but ultimately have fallen in love with a Yamaha bass.

I played a shedload of Squier Jazzes before finding this jazz and this Bass Collection blows them all away IMO. Better playability, better tonal string to string balance, nicer overall tone (less nasal, and more refined). Simply feels and sounds like a higher quality instrument. And of course the lovely colours they come in. Reviews of these basses also seem to be very complimentary.
Played this one in the shop and it was one of those I just had to buy, it sounded and felt so good.

Financially, though, I cannot justify keeping it. I know I will only play the Yamaha as I am pretty much a "one bass sort of guy".

Anyway, enough of the sales talk. it's a standard Jive. 34" scale, standard jazz bits and bobs, with a "vintage 60's profile" neck. Plays really, really nicely.

The body and neck are unmarked as far as I can tell. No dings, no buckle rash, no scratches. Even still has the clear plastic still on the pickguard.
Only damage on the bass are two dings on the end of the headstock, both of which are invisible from the front view. The one on the very, very end is very, very minimal. The pics show them pretty clearly anyway.

WIll come with a tatty but protective gig bag.

£185 collected from the Southampton area or £199 posted within mainland UK. If you can find one actually in stock new in the UK if will cost you £300, so I'm thinking that the price is pretty fair.

cheers for looking.

[attachment=105186:Jazz a.jpg]
[attachment=105187:jazz b.jpg]
[attachment=105188:jazz c.jpg]
[attachment=105190:Jazz e.jpg]
[attachment=105273:jazz d.jpg]

Edited by hamfist

[quote name='Chambo' timestamp='1334648205' post='1618951']
Had a play of a couple of these when I was looking for a bass, fantastic quality and a great feel for the money. Good colour too :)
[/quote]

All true, thanks for the bump !