Why become a member? ×

Alt/indie guitarist required, Birmingham area

Ian Savage

With the way my tendonitus is going I'm looking at having to take a potentially substantial break from guitar, so looking for someone to take my place in Chaos Parade, a four-piece guitar/keys/bass/drums alternative/indie type band based around Birmingham.

There's a few bits and pieces of music on the band's FaceBook page to give you an idea; the rest of the guys are into stuff like Bombay Bicycle Club, The National, U2 and with the original material we've been producing I've been playing with quite a lot of effects (delay, tremolo, shades of distortion/fuzz).

[url="https://www.facebook.com/chaosparade"]https://www.facebook.com/chaosparade[/url]

The other guys are all late teens-mid 20s, but I'm 30 so age isn't an overriding concern; the band currently rehearse at the Oxygen Rooms in the Jewellery Quarter but that might be negotiable southwards (the bassist and drummer come in from Worcester kinda way).

Any other info you might need give me a shout - there's some rough recordings kicking around but nothing that's been properly mixed yet.

Jesus Ian you beat me to it.

i'm the bass player in Chaos Parade and due to Ian's injury we need someone to take his place within the band. As already said the band have many influence's and we are still trying to hone in our our sound which should make it easy for any guitarist to adapt and bring in new ideas. Ian has been using some awesome effects in our current setlist which consists of four covers and three originals with our singer/frontman writing new material all the time.

Our current set is around 30-35 minutes long i think the idea is to continue writing and one by one get rid of a cover then eventually we will be only playing our own stuff, something that each member is passionate about.

Ideally we need someone who can come in and hit the ground running, at the moment we are averaging a gig a month and try to practice at least once a week so commitment is essential. it would be a good idea for anyone interested to get in touch, learn a few of the covers then come and have a jam with us and see what happens. Generally practice has been of a weekend for a round 4 hours

You can also drop me a pm if interested, send me your number and we will have chat.