Why become a member? ×

Fender Bassman Neo 115

Pipey925

Hi

I need to replace my Hartke 215XL - far too heavy to carry around. I love the 2 x 15' thing and am considering two Fender Bassman Neo 115 cabinets to go with my Trace Elliot 300w GP7 SM. The Fender cabs appear incredibly light and have a horn which really appeals.

Has anyone actually tried or bought a Fender Bassman Neo 115 cabinet? Any thoughts?

Thanks

I'll say it before someone else does. Check out Barefaced bass for lightweight 2x15' speaker cabinets.

On the Fender front, no I haven't tried them but they do look really cool, though I tend to think that £500+ asking price is quite a high for a single 15 cab, so buying two is probably going to end up costing £1100 all in. For that you could afford a lot of other high end cabinet. Still I can't really say anything against the Fenders until I try one, its just worth keeping those things in mind. If the Fender is what you are really after then go for it.

To match the amp you could even check out some of the newer Trace Elliot 15s, which are fairly light in comparison to the older lines and cheaper than the Fenders, while the Trace 2x15 is a good bit lighter than the Hartke model, though not exactly lightweight really. It would also match your amp if that was of any importance to you.

Another vote for the Barefaced 215. You mentioned your current cab being too heavy, check out this thread on talkbass

[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/barefaced-super-15-arrived-today-866663/index2.html"]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/barefaced-super-15-arrived-today-866663/index2.html[/url]

Apparently a tiny vegan lady can lift it with ease! Nothing but incredible reviews from the barefaced range - worth a serious look. (I'm ordering my barefaced 212 tomorrow!)

How much?? For that price you can get a Compact and a cover. Ok, the BF may not have a high frequency unit, but even so....

Of course you could also look at the Super 15, but I prefer the modular approach of two 15s.

The BF alternatives are much lighter too.

Cheers

Geoff

PS Looking at the recent threads on here, Alex doesn't need a marketing department - we do that for him lol

[quote name='RandomBass' timestamp='1334183529' post='1612406']
How much?? For that price you can get a Compact and a cover. Ok, the BF may not have a high frequency unit, but even so....

Of course you could also look at the Super 15, but I prefer the modular approach of two 15s.

The BF alternatives are much lighter too.

Cheers

Geoff

PS Looking at the recent threads on here, Alex doesn't need a marketing department - we do that for him lol
[/quote]

I know, its like the Sadowsky Talkbass equivalent at times.

Edit: I have no idea how I quoted that twice!

Edited by thodrik