Why become a member? ×

SOLD--Hohner Fretless Jazz copy--SOLD

Quatschmacher

Hi guys,

I'm considering offering this up for sale. It was my main (only) bass until last summer when I bought a fretted Sterling. Since then I've not really played this any more. It's done about a gig or two a month for the last few years but is still in good condition. There are a few small marks as seen in the photos. There is wear on the fingerboard from roundwound strings; this too can be seen in the pictures. Whilst taking pictures I also found a crack in the finish by the neck pocket which I'd never seen before! I've included a picture of this too. There's a very small amount of scratchiness in the pots, but only when turning them. The A string slot in the nut is slightly wider than the current string width (85) so that there was a bit of rattle (but only when playing hard rest strokes on the D string). This really was a minor issue: I solved it with a tiny bit of paper.

I don't want to overemphasise the negative aspects, I only mention them for the sake of completeness; they're fairly minor. This bass has served me well and would be ideal for someone looking to take up fretless.

Don't really know what I should be asking for this. Does £65 o.b.n.o. sound fair? Pickup from Sheffield, that way you can check it out properly first.

PMs with interest and/or comments are welcomed.

Edited by Quatschmacher