Why become a member? ×

Tweeter needed for my Peavey Cab

Sharkfinger

Hi guys

A few of years ago, I bought an empty peavey TVX 210 (2x10 enclosure). I think it's a slightly earlier version than the [url="http://peavey.com/products/browse.cfm/action/detail/item/116526/TVX%20210%20EX(tm).cfm"]current one[/url] but there's not a lot in it. It had none of the speakers but still had the back plate, crossover and wiring. I bought 2 Celestion BL10-200 (8 Ohms) and wired them in series to give a 400W, 4Ohm cab. I covered and sealed the hole where the tweeter was. I use it attached to the second channel output of my stereo Power amp to give more oomph to my stage sound when needed.

The cab was not designed with those speakers in mind and those speakers are a bit "thumpy" anyway, so it's not a particularly clear or articulate sound but I have my SWR 2x10 for that.

My question is, if I now wanted to put a tweeter back in, which one should I buy, how much would it cost and from where? According to the current model, tuning is:
"Box Tuning Frequency:
50 Hz
Crossover Frequency (Internal Passive):
3,000 Hz"

TIA