Why become a member? ×

Warwick Streamer LX V - SOLD

Bobzilla

I'm looking to sell my Warwick Streamer LX V. I don't want to get rid, but I hardly play it, and have never really 'clicked' with the 5 string. She needs someone to run their fingers all over her a little more than I do. I love her, so I'm letting her go. :)

Candy red gloss, standard so far as I know apart from the addition of Warwick locking strap locks.

Plays absolutely lovely, great tone, active or passive. As I said I don't want to get rid.

[b]Conditon[/b]

I would rate the condition as very good for its age. I have had her over 5 years, and I bought her pre-loved, from another person who didn't click so well with the five string.

The Head and the front of the body are in great condition. The back (and a bit on the sides) shows a little more of her age. There are a numnber of superficial scratches in the gloss (I'm sure they'll T-cut out ;)), but almost all of them are superficial only. There is a small thumbnail sized dent on the top by the front stratchlock, and the usual 'whoops, I missed' marks by the jack socket. There is one place by the back strap lock where the gloss has worn through - I guess from a strap rubbing.

The previous owner said that there was a bit of an issue with the jack connector not always having the best connection, but I have NEVER experienced it - I use a Neutrik right angled jack and thread the lead through the strap - I double back the tail of the strap to avoid any rubbing resulting from this.

I think she's worth £600 of anyone's money, and that's genuine, not 'I love her, I don't want to let her go, so I'm going to over-price her'. I also don't think that £600 is that much for a Streamer LX anyway. She is in MUCH better nick than the Jazzman up for sale here previously [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/171220-warwick-streamer-lx-jazzman-l575/page__p__1590891__hl__warwick__fromsearch__1#entry1590891"]http://basschat.co.u..._1#entry1590891[/url] and she's the five string.

I have attached pics of her trying to show her as honestly as I can. Yes, I have photoshopped them, but to try and bring out the marks as clearly as I can. I am based in Alton, Hampshire, but am prepared to travel. I take the train to London (Waterloo, then London Bridge) every day, and am prepared to bring her in if I know I'm not going to have to take her home again - the ride home can be very busy indeed.

I have a hard case which I would be willing to give with it if I get the £600. If not, I may be amenable to selling it along with. I am a little reticent to courier it, as there are horror stories out there of things breaking in transit, and insurance claims being long and totuous. Much as I don't want to part with her, I really don't want to give her away to someon who then breaks her neck!! :o If I can get decent recommendations of a decent courier company with a good insurance policy, I would consider it. I would be very very reluctant to courier it without the hard case. If its going mail order, I would prefer a bank transfer or postal order (but must be quite large fees on £600 worth) to PayPal. No rubber cheques please.

Thanks for reading.

[attachment=103628:Back 1.jpg][attachment=103629:Back 2.jpg][attachment=103630:Back 3.jpg][attachment=103631:Back 4.jpg][attachment=103632:Back 5.jpg][attachment=103633:Back 6.jpg][attachment=103634:Body.jpg][attachment=103635:Full length.jpg][attachment=103636:Head.jpg]

I have now listed my Pre-Gibson Trace Elliot stack as well. [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/172281-pre-gibson-trace-elliot-stack-600smx-1518-1024h/"]http://basschat.co.u...smx-1518-1024h/[/url]

Edited by Bobzilla

Maybe the fact that there's no shipping option available or the mention of a hardcase either.

Money is also tight at the moment for a lot of us, hence the big price drops on a lot of instruments as we speak.

I could buy a mint Stingray or P bass for £600 at the moment, with hardcases and shipping option.

You also have people still at work who dont have access to computers during their working day...so you may get some offers come your way early evening!!

Edited by Bassulike66

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1333036942' post='1596606']
You're based in Alton, did you ever play at the Lounge Bar?

Off topic I know, but at least you get a bump out of it
[/quote]

No, only been in Alton for a few years. Did most of my playing in London/Surrey, hence selling what I don't use any more. I also have a huge pre-Gibson Trace stack that I'm selling as I don't need it, nice as it is. Getting something much smaller instead.

Luke Ward used to have one of these in blue IIRC, which i can remember playing for about half an hour at the 2007 South East Bass Bash..
Though I'd just bought a really nice Lakland DJ5 that day from P-T-P, I can remember thinking rather guiltily at the time, that I liked Luke's Streamer as much if not more..

Good luck with the sale!

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1333122831' post='1597826']
Luke Ward used to have one of these in blue IIRC, which i can remember playing for about half an hour at the 2007 South East Bass Bash..
Though I'd just bought a really nice Lakland DJ5 that day from P-T-P, I can remember thinking rather guiltily at the time, that I liked Luke's Streamer as much if not more..

Good luck with the sale!
[/quote]

Here you have a golden opportunity to rectify your mistake. :)

• 2 weeks later...