Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz Streamliner 900 (STM-900)

pantherairsoft

I fitted the Sylvania 12ax7wWA in V1 after the OK from Aged Horse on TB and erm.........result !!
I've only ran my TI Flat strung Blazer through it up to now the bottom end is nicely cleaned up not that it was overly muddy. A down to E have a lot more definition, the top end is nice and sweet and the wonderful heft is still there in abundance.

I've changed the valves in most of the valve pre heads I've owned and to be honest I've never really noticed that much of a difference, not so with the Sylvania 12ax7WA and the Streamliner. It's hard to define tone I guess but what was there to start with is still there only nicer and more of it.

Now to find some more.
B)

Just tried a Sylvania in V1 and then in V2. Possibly more open sounding, but I actually preferred the more driven sound that I had before!

Also [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/220101-12ax7-ecc83-plate-voltages/page__view__findpost__p__2252628"]this[/url].

The Sylvania sounds great with my Blazer / TI Flats but it's made the bottom end on my Thumb Bass a little flabby. The mids are fine though and it's tamed the zing on the top end a bit as well.