Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A new FREE bass lesson site

freelancesam

I've noticed there are a lot of great players on here throwing out some awesome video/written bass lessons. I've just bought "basslessons.co.uk" and I want to set up an archive of free bass lessons/tutorials/news etc.. At the same time, I'd also like to promote all the fantastic teachers and unheard bass players from around the UK too so here's my idea.

I want to treat this as a collaborative project by making group decisions to develop/improve the site and I'm willing to put my time/money into the upkeep/updating/promotion of the site. I can't offer payment for contributors to the site but I can offer author pages which will hopefully build reputation and lead to work and endorsements. Comments and ratings will be on each author page and each of the articles/lessons created by the author (which will show up alongside the authors picture in google search results).

I'd also be interested in partnering with this site if that's possible, I'm not sure who i'd talk to about that. Remember this is all non profit to help develop the UK bass community and I'm not trying to tread on anybody's toes!

I'll need authors for the news and blog sections, a social media expert to push the site to new platforms and as many contributors as possible for theory and technique lessons.

As well as being a pro bass player, I'm also a competent internet marketer/web developer so I have the skills to push the site and offer help to anybody willing to contribute.

is anybody interested in making this work?

Sam

Edited by freelancesam

Hey, that's exactly the kind of thing I'm after, I've been thinking about adding a "play along" section as I know from my own experience that these really help with learning songs.

I'd like to watermark and reupload each contributed video to a basslessons.co.uk youtube account. The videos will be all different formats and quality but we'd need to keep everything centralised and branded well for it to work.

• 4 weeks later...