Why become a member? ×

Fender USA Standard Precision - For Trade

bassment73

Hi folks

I have a 1999 Fender American Standard Precision Bass that is in pretty damn near mint condition for its 13 years of age!

(pics shown below).

Body colour is Inca Silver, pickguard is 3-ply B/W/B and fretboard is rosewood. Within the last 2 years I replaced the original bridge (string thru body only) with one of the newer genuine Fender HMV (High Mass Vintage) bridges that have featured on all their USA Standard basses from 2008 onwards. This bridge is a smart, solid bridge and allows for both thru body and thru bridge stringing.

I also got a new style Fender SKB hard case for it about a year ago.

This bass is a solid workhorse and sounds just like a Precision should. I've used it with both roundwounds and flatwounds over the last few years and it sounds great with both. Action is good and it plays very well. I also have several music tracks featuring this bass which I can let people hear if they're interested (PM me). The bass is in very good condition and there is only the very slightest of wear from general playing. No dings and chips.

In the hard case is all the usual candy - Fender strap, adjustment tools etc. It also has chrome Schaller straplocks fitted on it.

I have a 2010 USA P Bass with a maple fretboard which I tend to use as my main instrument these days, so I really fancied getting a Fender USA Jazz Bass as a change/contrast to that, hence wanting to trade this 1999 P Bass.

I'm looking for an equivelant American Standard Jazz Bass, ideally in the same condition and with hard case etc. So in a nutshell wanting to swap my P Bass for the equivelant J Bass. However I may consider Japanese models such as the Geddy Lee etc.

If anyone is really keen on this bass I may also consider a sale, rather than trade (if I think it's a sensible offer!).

I'm in the Ripon/Boroughbridge area of North Yorkshire, so if anyone wants to come and see/try out the bass, please let me know (PM me). Would be great if someone could pop over with a USA Jazz at the same time. I can but hope!

Cheers

Keith