Why become a member? ×

First band as a bassist

jackhammer

400 watts with an efficient cab should be fine, though if it`s a very loud drummer, I`d go for a 410 rather than 115.

By efficiency, and sorry if stating things you already know, I mean the db rating of the cab. The difference between a 104 db cab to a 99 db cab is quite amazing.

In this situation, a 410 with efficiency of about 102 or 103 would be fine. That way you should have plenty of headroom on your amp, rather than running it on full.

Not at all, thanks for your help, I have no idea when it comes to stuff like this, Ive had a rethink and was looking at this....

http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Line-6-HD750-+-Gallien-Krueger-115MBE400-Bass-Stack~ID~17080.asp

Could I add an extra cab to this? As I understand this can is 8ohm, does that mean I can't add a second cab?

Seems like a good bundle. If the head runs down to 4 ohms, you can add a second 8 ohm cab to bring the impedance down to 4 ohms, so you can run the head at full whack. I've been using the 450w version of that head at rehearsals, and they need a bit of work to get into and find the sounds, what with the built in amp and fx sims. Once you get there, nice heads.

Yes, another 8 ohm cab will be ok to add in, as the head operates at 750 watts at 4 ohms (tow 8 ohm cabs = one 4 ohm cab). However, one single speaker up against a hard-hitting drummer would have it`s work cut out, so I`d definitely get the additional cab., probably one of these:

http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Gallien-Krueger-210MBE-Bass-Speaker-Cabinet~ID~15013.asp