Why become a member? ×

LET'S GO ROUND AGAIN!!!

First the good news. After a lot of GAS induced mainly by this site and it's former incarnation, I have come full circle and just brought jimihat's USA Deluxe Jazz. I realized that after going through a few basses in the last year and a half that a good jazz is what I NEED. I can't wait to pick it up on sunday, I know it's going to feel great in the hands, sound great and keep the GAS at bay, Honestly what was I thinking with Warwick's and Bongo's Etc :huh: It feels like coming home : :wub:

The Bad news? i shoved my hand into a box in the bathroom this morning and shredded my right hand index finger tip on a 5 bladed razor :)

Edited by steve-norris

WHOOOOO awesome bass!! its my first american jazz and i am loving it, really punchy. It just feels so good in the hands and after the big neck on my dolphin 'it plays it's self' the 5 bolt neck and chamfered heel surprisingly really help with upper fret access. The pickups are great, completely noise free and very articulate ,slap sounds great even with my clumsy technique.

I will stop gushing now, suffice to say i may have found THE ONE, obviously we are still in the early days but the signs are very good.

[quote name='machinehead' post='177060' date='Apr 15 2008, 02:23 PM']I have a 5 string one of these. It's one of the earlier ones from 1998 and I find that it's a great workhorse bass for all situations.

Hope you enjoy it.

Frank[/quote]

Out of interest have you changed anything, bridge etc. I really can't think of anything which is in need,even the bridge is up to the job as it's string through ( i may be wrong about this assumption but it has bags of sustain as standard). It has light weight tuners as standard, great pickups. Almost a disappointment as there are no bass upgrades to lust after :)