Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Marshall DBS 7410 - 4 x 10". Road-worn but awesome cab!

Stuee

Time to let this one go :(

It's a big, powerful, heavy lump of indestructible 4 x 10 that sounds amazing & never seems to run out of headroom.

I used to use this with a big Marshall DBS head & it sounded just amazing in any room. Plenty of bottom end & mid growl with speed & sparkle a plenty. Punchy as you like!

All four drivers have been recently replaced* with the new uprated & more efficient 300 watt version. *When I say 'recently' I mean they have seen very little work. They were actually fitted several years ago but the cab has not been out more than a few times since.

I'm selling because I don't have room to store it any more & cannot justify keeping it, much as I'd love to save it for those gigs when I want to impress or shake foundations! ;)

I've no idea what the going rate is for these & it's in pretty shoddy (aesthetic) nick. But it was very expensive new & is still a very viable cabinet if you're not fussed about looks. Well worth re-covering too - I would if I had the expertise.

[s]£150 £130 ovno [/s] [s]NOW ONLY £90![/s] [s]NOW ONLY £75[/s][b] [u][color=#ff0000]SOLD[/color][/u][/b]

or I would consider trades for the right pedal(s). I need a good octaver, chorus, possibly others. What ya got?

I will drive it a reasonable distance from Salisbury for diesel money (like as far as Surrey, Portsmouth, Poole, Bristol...) :)

Here's some info from Marshall:
[left]
[b] [size=5] 7410 Cabinet[/size][/b][/left]
[indent=1][size=4][b]4x10 with horn (800 Watts RMS, 4 Ohms).[/b][/size][/indent]
[indent=1][size=4]Unusually deep bass response for this type of cabinet, coupled with superb transient attack from the built in high frequency horn, which features a six position attenuation control. Tight and punchy with good snap and attack, the 7410 totally suits the up front style of bass playing that has become the trademark of many forms of modern music.[/size][/indent]
[indent=1][size=4][b]Dimensions (mm)[/b]: H 698 x W 698 x D 380.[/size][/indent]
[indent=1][size=4][b]Weight[/b]: 57Kg.[/size][/indent]

And here are a few pics...

[attachment=102511:7410 3.JPG] [attachment=102509:7410 1.JPG] [attachment=102510:7410 2.JPG] [attachment=102512:7410 4.JPG]

Edited by Stuee

That cab has seen some action. Is the market for "roadworn" amps and cabs as good as it is for basses? It oughta be, cos I think it looks really cool and im sure it puts out some serious bass! :)

Free bump from me, used to use Marshall many moons ago and it never let me down.

Edited by Stag

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When you say the speakers have been replaced by new 300 watt ones, are these Celestions, and which model?, there are light neo ones, and really heavy but warm tonde ones too, I'm not sure which are best, let alone which people would prefer?? Might help people decide to take the plunge or not if you can add the details, good luck with the sale, looks like a lot of big loud bass cab for the money.

Hi Rich, my memory isn't perfect and I think they're Celestion Gamma 10's (not certain of that) but I just bought direct replacements for what was originally fitted. As it happens Celestion had uprated them due to a more efficient design so they are now rated at 300W instead of 200W.

I couldn't be sure of the exact model without taking the front grill off and one of the speakers out, which is a massive PITA, but rest assured they are the ones that Marshall chose to fit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

[quote name='Monckyman' timestamp='1348088153' post='1809242']
Would it be pedantic to point out that 300 x4 maketh not 800?
I thankyeeuw.
[/quote]

Yes, a bit. I was quoting the original spec from Marshall. The extra oomph now available is a bonus due to the upgraded drivers :-)

[s]Anyway, CRAZY PRICE DROP for quick sale! Now £90![/s] See below... Now £75

Edited by Stuee

• 2 weeks later...

Final push to shift this bomb-proof, great sounding and very powerful 4 x 10 as I'm moving house at the weekend and won't have room for it.

Guys I'm practically giving it away at only [b]£75[/b].... anybody?!

Edited by Stuee

How low can I go? [size=5][i][b]Try me![/b][/i][/size]

BUMPOLA!

P.S. If this doesn't sell soon I'm going to break it up and sell the drivers for more than I'm asking for the whole cabinet. That would be sad :sorry:

Edited by Stuee