Why become a member? ×

elasticity in strings

you're totally right - i should just take it to a tech when i get paid next... just annoying when you shell out a shittonne of money for something nice, then you just keep shelling out cash on it to get sounding/playing the way you want, just never ends this curse.

[quote name='1970' timestamp='1331897163' post='1580527']
you're totally right - i should just take it to a tech when i get paid next... just annoying when you shell out a shittonne of money for something nice, then you just keep shelling out cash on it to get sounding/playing the way you want, just never ends this curse.
[/quote]

Good call.
The great thing with Rics though is that once setup correctly they tend to stay that way for years and you won't be shelling out again for a long while.

• 1 month later...

4003 is back from setup today - had a quick play in the workshop. I figured the bloke was going to straighten the neck a bit and adjust the bridge, but holy moly, he's also filed down the nut, taken the laquer coating off the frets, flattened them all out and given them a nice polish as well! Very impressed! I had a quick play and it's feeling/sounding very nice indeed. Will give it a solid run at practise tonight and then on tour for a week. chuffed!

f*ck all the ric hate, i love my 4003.

[quote name='1970' timestamp='1334850327' post='1622363']
4003 is back from setup today - had a quick play in the workshop. I figured the bloke was going to straighten the neck a bit and adjust the bridge, but holy moly, he's also filed down the nut, taken the laquer coating off the frets, flattened them all out and given them a nice polish as well! Very impressed! I had a quick play and it's feeling/sounding very nice indeed. Will give it a solid run at practise tonight and then on tour for a week. chuffed!

f*ck all the ric hate, i love my 4003.
[/quote]
I only hate them cos I can't afford them ;)