Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Copy of Fender Precision £170

mrtcat

I have a [u][b]non genuine[/b][/u] Fender Precision for sale or trade. I bought this a couple of years ago from another BC'er who had had some extensive luthier work done to this P bass copy. The result is a really playable copy of a fender precision. The neck is great, the action is very nice and it feels like it should. I have had a Seymour Duncan SPB1 pickup installed and it sounds....well......like a fender precision. The backplate is a genuine fender corona one.

Appearance wise it looks like someone has tried to make it look roadworn. This basically means they've been at it with a sander and it looks like they've hit it with a hammer lol. There's dints galore on the body and some laquer has chipped on the neck.

That said, I've gigged this plenty and have loved the fact that it plays like the real deal and is solid as a rock. If it gets knocked about in its future life it won't really matter so would be a great bass for someone looking for something for rough venues, cramped stages, bedroom practice etc.

Trade wise I want something more modern sounding but cheap (although I can put cash towards the right bass) possibly even with 5 strings. I'd consider:

Kramer disciple
Cort C4
Cort C5
Ibanez BTB 675 (obviously substantial cash your way)
Rockbass (any)
Cort Curbow 5
Will consider anything else

[attachment=102219:IMG_2800.JPG]
[attachment=102218:IMG_2799.JPG]
[attachment=102220:IMG_2801.JPG]
[attachment=102221:IMG_2804.JPG]
[attachment=102222:IMG_2805.JPG]
[attachment=102223:IMG_2806.JPG]

Hey Conan, I'll bear that in mind when it goes but would be nice to take a look first and you're a fair distance away. Wife is from Hexham tho so a trip north isn't impossible.

[quote name='mrtcat' timestamp='1331500388' post='1573885']
Hey Conan, I'll bear that in mind when it goes but would be nice to take a look first and you're a fair distance away. Wife is from Hexham tho so a trip north isn't impossible.
[/quote]

No worries. I'm not exactly snowed under with great offers for it at the moment... :rolleyes: :D