Why become a member? ×

stupid n00b

Denim

Hello. I'm called Denim. Well, that's my nickname, I'm actually Prasan. Hello ^_^;

So erm... I've wanted to play bass for a very long time, but I've never had the money to afford one, let alone the gear to go with it.

My cashflow may see a decent increase in the coming months and the image of my slightly overweight form jamming hard on a big bass guitar with swooning groupies throwing themselves at my feet is suddenly a possibility!

Seriously though, I adore bass guitars, I love the feel of them, the sound, the power they wield. As instruments go I've never been a big guitar fan. It's always been a bass that I'm playing in my head :)

I look forward to seeking the advice of the mystic gurus that govern this forum, buying my first bass and learning to play it poorly ^__________^

So erm... Rock on, Uzbekistan!

[quote name='Denim' post='173563' date='Apr 10 2008, 12:44 AM']......jamming hard on a big bass guitar with swooning groupies throwing themselves at my feet......[/quote]

er, yep..... that's pretty much the way it works! :)

welcome to the forum Denim, and to your voyage into the lower register!

[quote name='Denim' post='173563' date='Apr 10 2008, 12:44 AM']Hello. I'm called Denim. Well, that's my nickname, I'm actually Prasan. Hello ^_^;

So erm... I've wanted to play bass for a very long time, but I've never had the money to afford one, let alone the gear to go with it.

My cashflow may see a decent increase in the coming months and the image of my slightly overweight form jamming hard on a big bass guitar with swooning groupies throwing themselves at my feet is suddenly a possibility!

Seriously though, I adore bass guitars, I love the feel of them, the sound, the power they wield. As instruments go I've never been a big guitar fan. It's always been a bass that I'm playing in my head :)

I look forward to seeking the advice of the mystic gurus that govern this forum, buying my first bass and learning to play it poorly ^__________^

So erm... Rock on, Uzbekistan![/quote]

Yes its the truth You will be a rock god. Do yourself a favour and purchase the T shirt you see before you to clothe the baying crowd that will worship at your feet. Alternatively let the 6 string fragile ego do that and revel at being the foundation of a rythym section. Plus get a Rickenbacker. It is the only way. But I might be biased. Welcome from a fellow site newbie

I really was just kidding, guys ^_^ If I learn to play properly I'll probably only ever do it in private, to relax. I've held guitars before and they just don't feel the same as basses do. I can't really explain why, but I've seen guys at jazz festivals playing bass solos and they just blow me away with their skill and talent.

I've, obviously, never going to be as good as they are, but I'd still love to learn :)

[quote name='Denim' post='173577' date='Apr 10 2008, 01:35 AM']If I learn to play properly I'll probably only ever do it in private, to relax. I've seen guys at jazz festivals playing bass solos and they just blow me away with their skill and talent.

I've, obviously, never going to be as good as they are, but I'd still love to learn :)[/quote]

Get out and join a band or at the very least find a drummer to jam with, it's by far the best way to improve your playing.

Welcome to BC