Why become a member? ×

EBMM 25th Anniversary/Reflex

mr zed

Still gassing for a 4 string version of one of these but funds won't allow just yet. Interested to know from anyone that's owned/played any of the models in the range:

[indent=1]How does it feel on the strap? With the straplock being over the 14th fret instead of the 12th, this will move the position further to the left. Will I need longer arms to reach the low notes?[/indent]

[indent=1]Which is the best pickup configuration to go for? I'm looking to get as close to a jazz/precision/stingray sound as possible (so that's the H version out then) so is the HH or the HSS version the best to go for?[/indent]

[indent=1]25th or Reflex (flefleflefleflex)[/indent]

[indent=1]Maple neck or rosewood?[/indent]

[indent=1]On the 25th Anniversary which looks best - the flamed or quilted maple finish?[/indent]

[indent=1]Some of this is subjective, just interested in what others on here think.[/indent]

[indent=1]Anyone got one up for sale?[/indent]

[indent=1]Cheers.[/indent]

I have a 5 HSS. Maple neck. Quilt top. Early version, no string retainer. Nice weight for an EB MM 5-string - around 9 lbs.

Haven't used it much though. Still prefer the simpler set-up of a SR5. If only those weren't so heavy!

Could be tempted to part with the 25th. PM me if you're interested.

I have a 25th 5 HH. Very beautiful. Very versatile. Sound: very cleaned up (?) fundamentals, though musicman-like roaring. On the fat side, sometimes (Neck Pickup active) much too fat, fatter than a P with Labellas.
Heavy & quite thick body (no problem). You will know that already.

The longer distance to the lower frets isn't that a problem.

I would like the quilt maple top much more than the flamed one.

[quote]Spoiler: horrible string retainer on headstock, making a work of art looking cheap
[/quote]
Yeah, bolt on with two spax-like screws. Reminds me of some "could be nice looking" cars, that got a spoiler (?) added after the wind channel tests, long after the design department had finished their work.

Edited by williebald