Why become a member? ×

***SOLD***QSC PLX1602 - 1600 watts of made in USA QSC power for £200***SOLD***

eddiehoffmann

Continuing with the downsizing of my gear, here I have for sale my [b]QSC PLX1602[/b]. I wasn't going to sell it, but I realised I wouldn't use it anymore after selling my preamp. I bought it new in the States (sometime between 2001 and 2003, can't remember) and had it professionally converted to European voltage by QSC's authorised tech in Brazil, where I was living in those days. In Brazil we have all kinds of voltage going on, so I always have my gear converted to 230 volts to be on the safe side.

This baby delivers a lot of clean power. I never felt the need to bridge it, even when running it at 8 ohms. If you have good cabinets, this power amp will do them justice. Also, this is the most reliable piece of gear I ever owned. You probably know QSC's reputation if you're reading this anyway. These things just won't let you down. It have been serviced around two years ago and it didn't see much use after that. The tech only cleaned it and changed the fan preventively. He said there's nothing to go wrong with these amps. All you have to do is give it a clean every year or so. A lot of people use these amps. I went to see Stone Temple Pilots in 2010 here in London and I wasn't surprised to see Robert DeLeo still using his. He uses this exact model and I think he didn't feel the need to replace it, since these amps are so good and go on forever. If I ever decide to buy a power amp again, it will be a QSC. No doubt. Apart form the expected scratches from being racked, it's in good condition. It's in full working order and ready to be toured!

Here's the specs from QSC's website:

[url="http://www.qscaudio.com/products/amps/plx/plx.htm"]http://www.qscaudio....mps/plx/plx.htm[/url]

I took some pictures of it out of the rack, but I can't upload them for some reason. I can email them to anyone interested. Just give me a shout.

I'm asking [b]£200[/b], collected from SW9. Delivery can be arranged at buyers expense. I can also deliver it to you for petrol money within 60 miles from me. [b]Included either a 4U rack bag, or a 4U ABS hard case. [/b]This model usually goes for around £300 on Ebay, so £200 with a rack case it's a real bargain.

You're welcome to bring your cabinet(s) and preamp to test it.

Cheers

Eddie

Edited by eddiehoffmann

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...