Why become a member? ×

Shuttle scuppered

Tegs

Hi everyone, not been on here for a while but hoping someone can shed light on something for me.... Went to rehearsal with the Shuttle 6.0 I've had for over 18 months the other night and there was nothing, nada, no lights or sound when the switch was turned on. No problems at all previously and love the amp.

Anyway, it just came to my attention that the lovely wife had made an attempt to fire the amp up when I was out last week................ when I studied it at rehearsal, I was surprised to see the voltage switch at 110v instead of 240v and wondered how that could have happened....... can you see where I'm going yet??!! : )

Question is, would putting 240v in really render it dead or has some sort of safety thing gone off that can be re-set.....?

There was no noise, bang or anything, just deathly silence from the bassist side of the room!!!

Anyone else had this happen?

Cheers!

There's definately a fuse in there - I've seen a photo of the PSU one, but it's not close enough to be able to see what value it is. :)
In fact, I'd suspect that there's a couple in there - you're going to have to take the lid off and take a peek. :)

Years ago voltage selector switches used to have a little plate to stop you from sliding the switch unless you undid a screw, but I guess that they've fallen out of favour...

[quote name='Johnston' timestamp='1330291193' post='1555373']
You guys are looking at this all wrong.

The OP needs to got. wifey you bust my amp I need a new one. It's blew kapput fried scrap useless.

she gets guilty and Buys or lets the OP buy a new amp with no complaining.

THEN and only then open it to take a look. Or say I'm going to through this around to so and so see if it's any good to him for parts. Then open it, if it's just a fuse then friend just happened to find the parts needed in another Amp that was wrecked and fixed his ;)

If it's wrecked well then he has a new amp anyway .
[/quote]

Now that your other half is an active member here I guess that's one avenue of your amp acquiring technique closed? :lol:

[quote name='Tegs' timestamp='1330296786' post='1555477']
If only life were so simple! I'm hoping for her sake that the 3 year warranty will cover it! :lol:
[/quote]

It almost certainly won't.

If you want to go down that route then you're just going to have to pretend you don't know what happened to it and don't even mention mains selectors in conversation...