Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Line 6 X3 Pro

NancyJohnson

There was a thread here a month or two back about the X3 Pro unit from Line6. Thomann are listing this at £501 (even though it's not available yet), which compares favourably against the Bass POD Pro which was around the same price a few weeks back.

If you're interested, Line6 has a proper website up and running now: [url="http://line6.com/podx3pro/"]POD X3 Pro[/url]

To be honest, playing guitar as well as bass (I swing both ways in that department), I'm pretty excited about this unit...it's good to go for bass, acoustic and electric sixers and vocals, plus the ££ price comparable to buying guitar and bass POD units. The old units have been great tools for me live and in the studio.

On the downside, it looks that when I finally do get around to throwing some swag at my amp setup, I'm going to have to get a bigger rack!

P

£449 is the going rate, at the usual english shops (dolphin, dv247 etc etc)

very, very interested i am

(should this be moved to effects forum??)

Edited by BassManKev

[quote name='BassManKev' post='172008' date='Apr 8 2008, 08:28 AM']£449 is the going rate, at the usual english shops (dolphin, dv247 etc etc)

very, very interested i am

(should this be moved to effects forum??)[/quote]

I only looked on Thomann for the price. The beauty of this unit is that I can sell on my bass and guitar PODs via t'eBay, which should cover about half of the purchase price (which will placate my wife).

P