Why become a member? ×

Fender 'Geddy Lee' Jazz Bass Volume issues. Help Please

dannyt144

Hi all,

Might not be a problem but......

I have a Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, and running through same amp and same settings the Fender is much quieter than my 5 string Yamaha BB Reissue??

litrally unplug one, plug other in.

Any Suggestions??

I had the bass recently 'set up' and the pickups, action, neck etc all sorted.

But even after, the set up its still 2 different volumes.

Many Thanks

Danny

It's not unusual to find two different instruments have two different volume outputs and I'd expect the BB5 to far exceed the output of a JB.

If you find it annoying when swapping instruments during a live performance then just set everything to suit the volume you play the Jazz Bass at and turn the Yamaha down a bit. :)

yes that was kind of the issue!
use mostly the jazz but for that odd set that 2 or 3 dwn half step or requires the 5th string it multi change ! and then BOOOM!! knock people over with the bass!!! although i find this ....... satisfying thats not how the audience feel lol!!

Thanks though i did kinda guess tht but jus wanted to make sure :)

Interesting. A Geddy Lee has overwound pups and shouldnt really be too quiet. I agree with comment about the difference between this and your 5 string. If you arent happy then I would try and find someone who also has a Fender jazz and compare the volume levels. Maybe take it to a dealers shop and ask if you can compare with other Fenders. There may be a wiring fault that can easily be resolved, but remember that passive Fenders dont have the most powerful of pups anyway. Good luck with it. A Jap GL is one of the best Fenders around with a neck to die for. Its well worth the effort in checking it out. All best