Why become a member? ×

Ashdown LB212 - 2x12" cab, 300 watts, 4 ohms - £275 collected

franzbassist

I have decided to rationalise my cabs down to just a 2x10 and 1x15, so this original series Ashdown [url="http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?section=legacy&ID=234"]LB212[/url] is up for sale.

The original LB cabs were either 1x12 or 2x12s with neo drivers, and produced in the UK to coincide with the release of the LB30 head. Only 20 LB212s were made, so it's a rare cab, and is rated at 300 watts with a 4 ohm impedance.

You won't find a new one anywhere (I know that for a fact, as I contacted everyone who had them listed on their websites when I was looking only to be offered the VS212 instead, which is 8 ohms and non-neo), and they sold for £368 new (the VS212 sells for £299).

This cab is in mint condition and has seen very little use. I am including a Roqsolid cover (£30) and asking a firm [b]£275 collected [/b]from NE Hampshire.

Cheers

Gareth

[quote name='Steve Spector' timestamp='1330124764' post='1553245']
Where did you hear that there only 20 made?
I bought a new one a few weeks ago and the store still has 2 more in stock!
Steve
[/quote]

Guy from Ashdown told me in an email. I still have it if you want proof! ;) Are you sure they were all LB series and not VS?

Did yours come in the box, and did you keep it? If so, could I borrow it to ship mine?!

Cheers

Gareth

[quote name='Steve Spector' timestamp='1330165655' post='1553534']
It's definitely an LB, and yes it did have the box but I used it to ship my Barefaced cab to barneyg42 last week, sorry! Maybe he'll send it to you?
Mayeb it's a certain limited edition of the LB212 that just had 20 made, there're are couple of shops currently listing the LB212 as in stock.
[/quote]

Well who knows?! I'll drop him a line to see if he kept the box, cheers!