Why become a member? ×

Fender Bronco 40 bass amp

bigsmokebass

Hello!

In a nut shell. Im looking to invest in one of these after being convinced from a few YouTube vids and reading up on the specs . . . I pretty much know a lot about this amp but haven't played or heard one yet in person.

Looking to gather opinions from fellow Bass Chatters before i go ahead.
Good? Bad? Anything you would recommend me to get with it?

I have a Mac mini, pimped with all the additional options so I don't see any problems running this with the software but has anyone had any problems with the "free" software with either PC/MAC?

Anything is appreciated!

Thank you :D

BSB

• 3 months later...

Using this amp for a while now and this is a totals gem for £200.
For all that is included, I really can't believe what I have.

The valve amp simulations are really warm and close to the real thing as comparing it to my Marshall valve and my friends Fender Tv series amp. I'd say there's more of a natural treble and bass boost in the actual TV amp compared to the Bronco but so damn close it's as good as.

Using this with my computer (Mac) every time I use it I find it fun to pick up set ups and take them apart to see what makes them up and what I look for in amps and FX.
It's really easy amp and application to use, for people who vaguely know how to use amps, effects pedals and computers to people who know a lot about each. You can select standard setups or you can go into an advanced set up where you can choose what cabs you want, noise gates, modern or vintage, cone sizes and combinations, all very realistic too.

I've not had the opportunity to gig or jam with this yet but not even using it a quarter of the volume (approx 10-15w) : it's really loud to use for most small venues and anywhere above half can be used almost anywhere.

Only thing I will suggest for anyone interested, is looking for a foot switch. This would be handy if you use 2 set ups which are really awkward to change between during sets.
Ie. if you had to change from a electric-EUB, electric to acoustic or genre to genre. It's like switching amp to amp with two different EQs.
This is really easy to do with the computer application but also on the amp itself if you don't mind fiddling with it quite a bit.

One downside is that I find the Fender pre-sets and anything additional from Fender on the website, although something's are ok and time worthy, the majority are crap and nothing has been added from probably the release date.

I'll add more, the more I play but feel free to ask me anything :)

BSB