Why become a member? ×

Turning Japanese I think I'm turning...

Legion

...you know the song :)

Well I succumbed to another moment of impulse whilst at work on a weekend ( erm..looking at the internet during lunch of course! ) and bought myself a CIJ 70's reissue precision bass. I just can't bring myself to take my '74 precision to regular rehearsals and gigs so I found a bass that looked pretty much exactly the same and weighed in at a decidedly light 8lbs! Although this sort of goes against my principles, but I'm testing out a moment of being sensible. I'm very impressed with the bass so far, great quality and and lovely to play - the only things I can't seem to decide are if I should keep the TI flats on it or pop some rounds on and whether or not to try a pickup change. Decisions decisions eh.

I guess sticking to tradition I ought to name it...

hmm...some sort of Japanese womens name - any thoughts? :huh:

[attachment=7358:IMGP1229.JPG]

[quote name='Legion' post='171769' date='Apr 7 2008, 09:19 PM']...you know the song :)

Well I succumbed to another moment of impulse whilst at work on a weekend ( erm..looking at the internet during lunch of course! ) and bought myself a CIJ 70's reissue precision bass. I just can't bring myself to take my '74 precision to regular rehearsals and gigs so I found a bass that looked pretty much exactly the same and weighed in at a decidedly light 8lbs! Although this sort of goes against my principles, but I'm testing out a moment of being sensible. I'm very impressed with the bass so far, great quality and and lovely to play - the only things I can't seem to decide are if I should keep the TI flats on it or pop some rounds on and whether or not to try a pickup change. Decisions decisions eh.

I guess sticking to tradition I ought to name it...

hmm...some sort of Japanese womens name - any thoughts? :huh:

[attachment=7358:IMGP1229.JPG][/quote]

Wow
Fab looking bass.
Where did you get it?

Names; How about Yoshie or Akiko after the bass players in the 5678's ?

Edited by OldGit

Thanks, having turned totally sad I could just sit about looking at it all day...

Bought it on ebay from Japan, got to heathrow in 2 days then sat with customs for ages *pfft*

Hmm Yoshie is a good one, girlfriend is nodding about that one - guess it goes on the shortlist :)

[quote name='OldGit' post='171806' date='Apr 7 2008, 10:00 PM']Wow
Fab looking bass.
Where did you get it?

Names; How about Yoshie or Akiko after the bass players in the 5678's ?[/quote]