Why become a member? ×

Wiring my swr goliath cab

barklama

Hi everybody,

I have recently had the four pas drivers re-coned in the goliath 3. My problem is i can remember which is hot or cold!!

Basically there are four cables which come off the crossover: 2 red and 2 black......The way they are wired is each two of the speakers have a red and the other two have black.... Then the rest is just just wired together with a white. Could sombody help me which go where, as these must be wired in series or somthing!!!

Any help would be great thanks :-)

thanks antony

The cab will be wired as two parallel pairs, each pair serially connected.

Take one red wire from the crossover to the plus side tab of one of a pair of speakers (say the top two). Take another lead from the minus tab of that speaker to the plus tab of the other speaker in the pair and then take one of the black leads to the minus tab of the second speaker.
Repeat the process for the other pair of speakers and you should be cooking with gas B)

If you're trying to work out which speaker connection is the + and which is the minus it's dead easy to work out using a 9v battery.

Push the battery contacts against the speaker terminals.

If the + contact of the battery is connected to the + contact of the speaker, the cone will jump forwards.
If the + contact of the battery is connected to the - contact of the speaker, the cone will pull backwards.