Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz Deluxe - 5 String

handshaker

Got my US Fender Jazz Deluxe 5 string for sale. It's in overall great condition, but with a few dings at the bottom. Plays really well, and sounds great.
Reason I'm selling is that I'm still learning and can't get used the 5 string neck. Want £725 ono.

I'm on the Wirral, Merseyside, so it's available to be demoed etc. Collection preferred.

[attachment=99155:bass 1.jpg]
[attachment=99154:bass 2.jpg]
[attachment=99153:bass 3.jpg]
[attachment=99152:bass 4.jpg]
[attachment=99151:bass 5.jpg]
[attachment=99150:bass 5.jpg]
[attachment=99149:bass 6.jpg]

Edited by handshaker

from my previous research (I have an identical twin of this bass):"1996 Fender American Deluxe V Jazz Bass Deluxe. Firstly, the double cutaway body is alder. 1995 - 1998 USA Deluxe Jazz Basses are the only ones to ever have the Ash - Alder - Ash sandwich body. this was augmented with gorgeous ash veneer on both the top and the back
Another fine feature is the fingerboard, only the Five String Deluxe has Pau Ferro wood.
The neck itself is maple with graphite reinforcement. The Five String Deluxe is stock with Gotoh tuners.

Another feature from this period is the John Suhr designed pickups that were only featured on Jazz Basses from 1995 to 1998. If I’m not mistaken I also believe Surh had a hand in designing the preamp in this Bass. It’s a 9volt, multi-band EQ with stacked knobs. All USA Fenders made during 1996 bore a Fender 50th anniversary emblem on the back of the headstock."

hope this answers some questions - awesome bass, I really like mine. Powerful sound.
cheers,
Mike

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...