Why become a member? ×

***SOLD***FS Fender Jazz Bass Geddy Lee Model (£500 with hardcase)

eddiehoffmann

Hi guys,

Sad times for me. I got this bass through a trade here a few months ago, absolutely love it and now I have to let it go for no other reason than I'm broke. Sadly my diary is quite empty 'till March and since I'm more of a P-Bass guy I decided to keep my P's and sell this baby here.

It's a [b]2001 Fender Jazz Bass Geddy Lee Model[/b], superbly [b]crafted in Japan[/b], as you all know. It's in near mint condition. Only some superficial marks at the back that I think are impossible to avoid, unless you play naked. ;) The neck is the best among all the basses I ever owned. Low action, easy to play, no dead spots. It does make the bass feel a lot more expensive than it really is. This is the first non-American Fender I ever owned and I'm impressed with how perfectly put together it is. If all Japanese Fenders are like this I'm never again expending any extra cash just to have a US made one. This is the real deal! All original, apart from the neck plate, which I upgraded to the "F" logo Fender one you can see in the pictures. Comes in a really nice [b]hard case[/b].

I'm asking for a firm[b] £500 (£475 without the case), collected from SW9. [/b]Or I can pack it real nice and send it anywhere in the UK at buyers expense.

If anybody wants to come around for a test drive and a coffee, you are more than welcome.

Here are some pics I took today. I have a few more, but the website wouldn't let me upload. I can email them to anyone interested:

I think that's it for now.

Cheers,

Eddie

Edited by eddiehoffmann

[quote name='jjay69' timestamp='1328105202' post='1521879'] ooof....M..u..s..t... re..ssis..t [/quote]
Give in... You know you wan to... ;)

[quote name='thack' timestamp='1328105318' post='1521881'] Nice Geddy Eddie. Ive just sent the link to my friend Nick, hes after one of these :) [/quote]
Thanks for that! It is a beautiful bass indeed. I don't know if it shows properly in the pictures, but the maple has a really nice pattern.

If somehow I get booked for a couple of gigs more in February this baby will be outta here.