Why become a member? ×

Yamaha RBX 200 upgrading

mentalextra

Not on this bridge as it has 4 screws, cost about £20 or so iirc. The alternative was going for a Gotoh 210 which would be a straight replacement I think - although tbh I'm not entirely sure whether the Yamaha standard fit bridges are mechanically identical to the Fender bridges they resemble.

Yeah, changed quite a lot really! New bridge, SD vintage p/ups, rewired to Volume/Volume/Tone and put a decent jack socket in too. In my defence the roginal bass cost me about £70 iirc from evilbay...Was thinking about a refinish too but figured I'd never got what I spent back so haven't gone there (yet!).

Sounds awesome now so really pleased with the outcome. It's my "go to" noodling bass nowadays.

Oh and knurled metal knobs to replace the plastic jobbies :)

If you're nearby you're welcome to come over for a noodle.

I picked up mine for £20 off gumtree, fantastic guitar for the money. I just needed to sort out the electrics and then pulled out the frets etc. I am happy with it so far "but" would like to find an economic pup upgrade. Mine only has one 'pbass' type pup though?

Thanks for the offer but I'm a long way from you, I get panicky if I go further north than Watford! :blink: :D