Why become a member? ×

Solid Roq

Dr.Dave

Solid Roq - do you see what I did there........ I don't know how I think 'em up !!!

Anyway - went on to ebay and ordered (without having to give sizes) 2 Roqsolid covers for my new GK combo and cab. I put in the message box on the paypal payment page that I wanted blue binding. The info told me to expect to wait 10 - 14 days for my covers plus 2 or 3 for shipping time. £80 (inc. 'free' delivery) and a few coppers for both. That was Tuesday - and Tuesday evening at that.

Today it's friday - arrived Fedex this morning. Perfect fit - blue binding - and absolute top quality from what i can see. Waterproof/rip proof outer and a felt inner lining. Industrial quality stiching.

Funny thing is - last night I figured that , with cab and combo being the same size - I could do with a way to visually tell one from t'other with the covers on - so thinking they wouldn't have got started on them yet I was about to call them and ask them to do one cover binding in blue and one in red. They arrived before I had chance.

You know me - I can get tactile about basses but as for the rest of it... I just want stuff that does it's job and doesn't break. On that basis I'm really pleased with these. I think you can get GK covers from Beyer for about the same cash but I bet you now they're sh*te , made from a bin liner or something. You can just tell these will be happy to be chucked in and out of a trailer in the pissing rain and freezing cold for years and years.

At about 17% of the cost of the gear they're protecting (in the cabs case - less for the combo) I'll leave you to decide whether they're good value or not.