Why become a member? ×

SOLD (Pending blah blah) Musicman 2EQ S.U.B. (active) for 5-string

thepurpleblob

I acquired a nice SUB recently and while it's a great bass it was always intended to be a backup. It's pretty much indistinguishable from a real Stingray for a lot less money. However, I'm getting more into 5-strings again but am a bit fussy about string spacing (wide!).

It's active and 2EQ. Condition is generally very good. It's met the ceiling at some point and been touched up but you have to look closely. Pretty much brand new light guage EB Slinkies fitted.

I'm not desperate to move on the SUB but a backup 5-string would be more use. I'm really interested in a Yamaha TRB-5 (any variety), higher end BB or - even more unlikely - any Lakland 5 string. I would also consider something else with similarly wide spacing.

The original thread is here for total transparency...

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/142641-musicman-sub-traded-please-remove/page__pid__1279582"]http://basschat.co.u...e__pid__1279582[/url]

The only change is that it now has a (proper) black Stingray scratchplate but I still have the original silver one - you get both.

I'm not particular about brilliant condition as long as it works. I could add a little cash to secure a nice instrument if it comes along.

[center]

Try me :)[/center]

Edited by thepurpleblob

Bump as a previous owner of this SUB, looks like it's done a wee tour of Central Scotland :) Great bass, I upgraded to a stunning late 80s 2EQ 'Ray, and this didn't fall down in its company at all, only let it go because, being a backroom noodler instead of a gigger, couldn't justify having two fretteds in the collection. Awesome bass, buy or trade wih confidence. Looks great with its other black scratchplate.

Edited by MattM

[quote name='MattM' timestamp='1327863697' post='1517896']
Bump as a previous owner of this SUB, looks like it's done a wee tour of Central Scotland :) Great bass, I upgraded to a stunning late 80s 2EQ 'Ray, and this didn't fall down in its company at all, only let it go because, being a backroom noodler instead of a gigger, couldn't justify having two fretteds in the collection. Awesome bass, buy or trade wih confidence. Looks great with its other black scratchplate.
[/quote]

Thanks! Yes - it seems to have been around the houses a little. I took it on a bit of a whim but it's not really geting used. I have more work for a 5 at the moment.

[quote name='ben604' timestamp='1327868099' post='1518014']
I've got cash waiting if you decide to sell.
[/quote]

Noted. If there was something for sale that I definitely wanted it would make life easier. I'd need to think of a price. I can't really afford to come out on the wrong end of the deal - although that always seems to happen :)