Why become a member? ×

Aria sb 1000 ex owner

Dassman

Hi All,
New to this, I previously owned a Beautiful pre-LED aria SB 1000. Before Xmas just gone, the drummer from our old band got in touch and suggested we do a 20th anniversary reunion. Mad Idea but I said yes. I regretabbly sold my SB (which I bought second hand in 1988) around about 1995, typical thing, get married, have children and a career etc. Might add, mad basket.

Since the drummer got in touch, I only wish to do the reunion if I am playing an SB-1000. Mad as this sounds, I have since been googling SB-1000 websites and came across the following website, Im sure some of you will know this website, www.prog.rockers.co.uk/sb1000.htm [url="http://www.prog.rockers.co.uk/sb1000.htm."]http://www.prog.rock....uk/sb1000.htm.[/url] Please paste and view.

I was shocked too see that my old SB-1000 is pictured on the above link, number 20, Bassman North Wales (cut those strings) who has owned this beauty for 18 years, that would fall in with when I sold it.

The grain is commented on in the above website. I have a picture of me rehearsing with the same grained bass circa 1992. The grain in a guitar is like a finger print. No doubt same bass.

What I am asking is if anyone can put me in touch with the current owner so I could play this bass for a one off reunion gig?

Should anyone know the contact details for the owner, please get in touch with me and help reunite me for one glorious night.

Further information, the bass had a new pickup fitted around about 1993,courtesy of Aria, my memory is vague on this now, but if correct they supplied FOC. I just had to solder the new pickup in.[attachment=98115:Scan.jpeg]

Any help from members would be greatly appreciated.

Hope I have posted this in the appropriate place.

Regards,

Dassman

The above link is not behaving, this is what it should show. If you copy and paste the following, www.prog.rockers.co.uk/sb1000.htm It will then work. Thank you for your perseverance.

[color=#000000][font=Times][size=1]20) “Bassman” from north Wales has owned this attractive SB-1000 for 18 years.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Times][size=1]Recalling the fire which destroyed the Aria factory, he writes, “I remember hearing about the disaster, and reading that all the blueprints for early models of guitars had gone up in smoke. Aria (representatives of Matsumoku) released a document on their website asking anyone who had a pre-1981 version of an SB-1000 to get in touch so they could examine their basses for to recreate them.” [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Times][size=1]Lovely grain in the wood. Give those string-ends a trim please! [/size][/font][/color]

Edited by Dassman

[quote name='Dassman' timestamp='1327454977' post='1511705']
Hi All,
New to this, I previously owned a Beautiful pre-LED aria SB 1000. Before Xmas just gone, the drummer from our old band got in touch and suggested we do a 20th anniversary reunion. Mad Idea but I said yes. I regretabbly sold my SB (which I bought second hand in 1988) around about 1995, typical thing, get married, have children and a career etc. Might add, mad basket.

Since the drummer got in touch, I only wish to do the reunion if I am playing an SB-1000. Mad as this sounds, I have since been googling SB-1000 websites and came across the following website, Im sure some of you will know this website, www.prog.rockers.co.uk/sb1000.htm [url="http://www.prog.rockers.co.uk/sb1000.htm."]http://www.prog.rock....uk/sb1000.htm.[/url] Please paste and view.

I was shocked too see that my old SB-1000 is pictured on the above link, number 20, Bassman North Wales (cut those strings) who has owned this beauty for 18 years, that would fall in with when I sold it.

The grain is commented on in the above website. I have a picture of me rehearsing with the same grained bass circa 1992. The grain in a guitar is like a finger print. No doubt same bass.

What I am asking is if anyone can put me in touch with the current owner so I could play this bass for a one off reunion gig?

Should anyone know the contact details for the owner, please get in touch with me and help reunite me for one glorious night.

Further information, the bass had a new pickup fitted around about 1993,courtesy of Aria, my memory is vague on this now, but if correct they supplied FOC. I just had to solder the new pickup in.[attachment=98115:Scan.jpeg]

Any help from members would be greatly appreciated.

Hope I have posted this in the appropriate place.

Regards,

Dassman

The above link is not behaving, this is what it should show. If you copy and paste the following, www.prog.rockers.co.uk/sb1000.htm It will then work. Thank you for your perseverance.

[color=#000000][font=Times][size=1]20) “Bassman” from north Wales has owned this attractive SB-1000 for 18 years.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Times][size=1]Recalling the fire which destroyed the Aria factory, he writes, “I remember hearing about the disaster, and reading that all the blueprints for early models of guitars had gone up in smoke. Aria (representatives of Matsumoku) released a document on their website asking anyone who had a pre-1981 version of an SB-1000 to get in touch so they could examine their basses for to recreate them.” [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Times][size=1]Lovely grain in the wood. Give those string-ends a trim please! [/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Have you tried contacting Graeme, who runs the site - great bloke - he may have the
original contact details.

Try here: [url="http://www.prog.rockers.co.uk/"]http://www.prog.rockers.co.uk/[/url]

Cheers. :)